Monday, June 10, 2013

Montessori for DAYSSS

Today I started my Montessori Training to get my Montessori Certificate.  I am so excited to learn more about the Montessori Method and to further my education in Early Childhood.  Montessori is an amazing philosophy and if you are not familiar with it, it is a type of education approach that focuses on the individualized needs of children and unlocking their full potential.  It is a very hands on approach to learning that encourages a child to develop autonomy and a love for learning.  I attended a Montessori school, and I am working at that same school this summer!  It's been super fun.  My program is for four weeks during the summer, Mon-Fri 12-7.  So you can say my brain is a little fried today.  We are going through all the materials and work inside of a Montessori classroom during the summer.  During the school year, there are weekly classes that discuss the Montessori philosophy further.

This week is Practical Life.  Today we were taught how to teach a child how to roll and unroll a rug, how to handle work in the classroom, how to use the nuts and bolts, how to teach sorting, how to use clothes pins, and how to teach the string beading work.  We are putting together these HUMONGOUS binders, with all of the instructions and details for the work.  So I will have a total of 10 or so 3 inch binders when I am done.  I had to buy 1000 page protectors.  Yep that's right 1000! It is a lot of work, but I think it is totally worth it!  Here I am, just being a student learning how to handle puzzles.  Too much fun! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment