Monday, August 26, 2013

Emily's Day to Night Outfit

Nicole and I are so excited to continue blogging and we thought it was necessary to do a photo shoot!
For this photo shoot we transformed day time outfits into night time/going out with friends outfits.

Teacher Inspiration

 I paired a mint chiffon collar top (Forever 21 $12) with a polka-dot sweater (Forever 21 $24). Nicole and I found black jeans from Nordstrom that fit like a glove on both of us so I had to put those on for this outfit ($44 but Nordstroms sale took $10 off so $34). For shoes I put on a simple pair of flats from Pay less ($14). OH YA! I forgot my new Ray Ban glasses..I LOVE THEM. They are prescription so I am not sure how much they cost but they pull the outfit together!









Jewelry makes all the difference
To transition into night time I took off the sweater and added a black necklace ($12 with sale from The Daisy Shoppe) and a chuncky black bracelet ($12 from forever 21). For shoes I slipped off my flats and put on some strap-y black wedges by Carlos Santana ($69). To pull the look together I added a black clutch ( an essential to any wardrobe!) which was a present from my mom many Christmases ago.










I need to work on my high fashion poses
Overall our first photo shoot went really well. We even invited a special photographer/model  Samantha Davis who will soon be posting some of her own outfits here as well.















I love this background
AND posing for photos is much harder than it looks. Out of the 200 pictures taken we cut them down to about 15 which were acceptable to post. Hopefully next time we can be a little more successful. Or we can find people who are just naturally photogenic to help us out!















Always remember to have fun with your outfits!

Nicole and I would also like to thanks to Bev Walker owner of The Flower Stand in Laguna Beach. We bought two flowers for a very reasonable price which added a pop of color to our pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment